Speech, Occupational, Physical Therapy and Social Work
The Prompt Method
Would your child benefit from the PROMPT method of treatment?
- PROMPT was developed to treat children with motor speech disorders including apraxia and can be used for children ages 6 months and older.
- PROMPT stands for Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Target.
- PROMPT is “a tactile-kinesthetic approach that uses touch cues to a patient’s articulators (jaw, tongue, lips) to manually guide them through a targeted word, phrase or sentence.”
- Therapists start by helping the child produce phonemes, the smallest unit of sound that distinguishes one word from another, and then progress from there.
- If you are concerned about your child having a motor speech disorder, we would be more than happy to help. Please call us for a phone consultation: 312.780.0820