- Cooking, exercising, trying new restaurants
- DIR/ Floortime
- Autism,Executive Function,Developmental Disorders,Other
I have been practicing as a pediatric occupational therapist serving the north shore suburbs and Chicago for the past 5 1/2 years. I strongly believe in partnering with families, teachers, and other therapists as well as the child to help each child reach the highest level of functioning possible across all environments.
I evaluate and treat children aged 1-14, both individually and in groups, experiencing issues in the following areas:
- Sensory processing integration
- Difficulty with motor praxis/motor planning/sequencing
- Activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Gross motor coordination and control
- Fine motor coordination and control
- Postural control and muscle activation
- Executive functioning skills
- Bilateral coordination
- Visual and spatial awareness
- Social skills
- Visual motor skills and integration
- Handwriting skills
- Self-regulatory techniques
I work with children diagnosed with sensory processing disorders, autism spectrum disorders, ADHD/ADD, anxiety, learning disabilities, developmental coordination disorders, and any other child who may need extra help to reach his or her highest level of functioning.
I love all kinds of sports, and played Division 1 softball at Harvard. I am also a certified massage therapist, and strongly believe in the practice. I love being able to incorporate sports and massage techniques into my occupational therapy sessions.