Speech, Occupational, Physical Therypay, Social Work & Teletherapy
Why is starting speech & occupational therapy early so important?
- The brain matures at a rapid rate during the toddler and preschool years
- Pediatric therapy during these years is highly effective as we can take advantage of the window of time when the brain is most open to change
- Therapy works. Addressing delays at an early age can prevent future difficulties; enabling your child to thrive
Do you think your child would benefit from early intervention?
- Our team is happy to discuss your concerns. Contact TherapyWorks for a free phone consultation. Our team of experienced pediatric therapists will make recommendations for home practice and determine whether your child would benefit from an assessment.
TherapyWorks favorite articles and websites on early intervention and speech & language development:
- From Birth Engage Your Child with Talk by Jane Brody, New York Times, 2009
- Diane Bahr’s books and articles are great resources for prevention of developmental delays and practical everyday tips: agesandstages.net
- American Speech Language Hearing Association: ASHA.org
- Early Identification of Speech, Language and Hearing Issues
- TherapyWorks Blog